MICHAEL MCLAVERTY SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2016
THE PRIZE FOR THE WINNER IS £2,000 and the winning story will be published with the two runners-up in a limited edition anthology.
ADJUDICATORS: Multi award-winning writer David Park (The Big Snow, The Truth Commissioner, Gods and Angels) and Patsy Horton, Managing Editor of Blackstaff Press.
THEME: Lost Fields
ENTRY FEE: £10 Sterling with each entry submitted
CLOSING DATE: Midnight Thursday 30th June 2016
For more information follow us on Twitter @thelinenhall and Facebook /LinenHallLibraryBelfast.
1. The award is open to those over 18, who were born in, or are citizens of, or resident in Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland.
2. NO entry form is required.
3. Entries must NOT have been, by the date of submission, published or broadcast in any medium.
4. Entries must be typed, in double spacing, using only one side of A4 paper.
5. Entries must NOT exceed the maximum of 3,000 words.
6. Entries will NOT be returned.
7. No indication of the writer’s identity may appear on the story to be entered.
8. Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address should be submitted on a separate sheet, under the heading Michael McLaverty Short Story Award, 2016.
9. An entry fee of £10 Sterling must accompany each individual entry. Entries without this fee will not be considered.
10. Payment can be made by cheque (payable to the Linen Hall Library) or via our website HERE. Please do NOT enclose cash. Please forward payment confirmation email with your short story entry to email@example.com.
11. No more than ONE story may be submitted by any entrant.
12. The decision of the adjudicators is final.
13. Winners and runners-up ONLY will be notified.
14. The adjudicators will not enter into any correspondence concerning the competition.
15. The staff of the Linen Hall Library will not enter into any correspondence concerning the competition.
16. Should an appropriate standard not be achieved, no award will be presented.
17. The Linen Hall Library reserves the right to select for publication such entries as may be deemed appropriate, in any year.
18. The Linen Hall Library will liaise with successful authors in preparing texts for publication.
19. The award will be presented at the Linen Hall Library in December 2016.
Linen Hall Library
17 Donegall Square North
Belfast BT1 5GB
Telephone 028 9032 1707