Established: 27 May 2021
Date of next review: May 2022
The Linen Hall is strongly committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity. This policy is to provide equal opportunities and will also take every action possible to avoid discrimination on the grounds including gender, marital status, colour, age, racial origin, creed, nationality, disability, or social background.
This policy aims to ensure that unlawful or unfair discrimination, whether direct or indirect, is eliminated both in access to and content of Library Collections and Services and that equality of opportunity is promoted. Where it is reasonable and practical to do so, The Linen Hall will take steps to address identified inequalities or barriers that may arise and where reasonable and practical to do so will reasonable adjustments.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Commitments
We are committed to:
- Preventing any form of direct or indirect discrimination or victimisation
- Promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion for all persons
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment in which all persons are treated with respect.
- Preventing occurrences of unlawful discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment, and victimisation.
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under the equality legislation, and associated codes of practice.
- Complying with our own equality, diversity and inclusion policy and associated policies.
- Taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate.
- Regarding all breaches of equality, diversity and inclusion as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
With respect to Library Collections and Services we are committed to:
- Promoting access to the Collections and Library services to everyone and ensuring the content of the Collections is diverse and inclusive.
- We will ensure that unlawful or unfair discrimination is eliminated.
- Where it is reasonable and practical to do so, The Linen Hall will take steps to address identified inequalities or barriers that may arise.
The Linen Hall via the Director will consult as appropriate with relevant Staff, Members, Users and Suppliers to ensure that there are no barriers to working in the Library, using the Library, or using the digital offering. Any details of how the effect of any barriers will be mitigated, including using access arrangements, including reasonable adjustments, will also be recorded, as required.
We will monitor and review our diversity and equality policy annually. Such monitoring will include monitoring the impact of The Linen Hall diversity and equality policies.